A ScriptRunner instance:
- reads the XML file, performing any includes or XML validation;
- calls the TaskFactory to create the root Task;
- creates an ExecutionContext; and
- calls the ExecutionContext to find or create the run identifier;
- calls the root Task process(ExecutionContext) method;
- and waits for it all to be over.
Starting from the root task, the heirarchy of Task objects will be created (always by the TaskFactory) and processed. Here is the startup sequence
for a sample two-level task heirarchy.